Currently, I am Senior Managing Director with Hilco Valuation in which capacity I oversee national tax appeals managed jointly by Hilco Valuation and Siegel & Callahan P.C.
Having practiced real estate valuation and appeals for the last 40 years throughout the US, Canada, and Puerto Rico, I have developed a concentration in real estate appraisal, feasibility analysis, property tax consulting, and real estate litigation support. As a qualified expert witness, I have managed numerous property tax appeals through the litigation process throughout the years.
My career in property tax valuation also includes real estate and tangible personal property tax filings, intangible appeals, real estate assessment negotiations, audits, and pre-acquisition tax due diligence.
Previous positions: Senior directorship of the SALT Property Tax Practice for Crow Horwath, LLP, 12 years as Practice Leader for Simon Property Group LP, Property Tax Management LLC, Director of Property Tax for Equity Group Assets Management LLC and Vice President and National Consultant for Property Assessment Advisors, Inc.
Accreditation and Leadership
- Appraisal Institute, Designated Member – 1982
- Florida Real Estate Commission, Licensed Broker – 1977
- International Association of Assessing Officers (IAA) – Member
- International Conference of Shopping Centers (ICSC) – Member
- International Property Tax Institute (IPTI) – Patron Member
- Level III Certified Indiana – Assessor / Appraiser
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Trust (NAREIT) – Member
- Canadian Property Tax Association (CPTA) – Member
- Institute of Professionals in Taxation (IPT) Affiliate Member
Recent Publications & Speaking Engagements
- Canadian Property Tax Institute
- International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- Institute for Professionals in Tax Appeal (IPT)
- Florida Assessors’ Conference
- National Association of Real Estate Investment Trust (NAREIT)
University of Miami, Coral Gables, BBA, Finance & Urban Land Studies
email@example.com / cell: 317.709.3507